Wednesday 25 March 2015

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Photography Challenges

This is the photo used on my film poster, here the character has her hair tied up and out of the face completely. It is also clear that this photo was taken in bright natural light. The finished poster product is also used on the magazine article.
However, within the film itself all bathroom shots are completely different as the character is wearing clothing,with hair all down and covering some of the face. The lighting is also clearly different as the scene was filmed at night using artificial lighting in the bathroom. 

This is a downfall as it does not tie in all 3 of my products correctly and although they are meant to work together as a collection for one end product it gives away a false image of what is expected. Instead I should have made sure all elements of photography gave a true honest reflection of my short film. Although this is a mistake on my part, I am happy with the effectiveness of both my poster shot and shots within the bath scene of the film. There is a large contrast made from the bright pure innocence of white light, to the dull pale grey shot in the film. This can show the difference between expectations and reality. We expect to see someone living a 'normal' life, surrounded by 'normal' people doing 'normal' day to day things, but audiences discover the reality is hard hitting, dull and not what anyone expects.  










I feel that the writing within my film article is suitable in connection with my short film and poster. The 'Plot' is brief yet well written in describing the most important aspects of the short film. The use of a rhetorical question gives direct address to the reader and can advertises the mystery and intrigue surrounding the film. 
Further in the article I have familiarised the film by relating it to other well known big name films and made the genre clear to attract my specified target audience. I have done this for all 3 in connection of the genre and making sure this vibe is forefront for audiences to understand.











































 

No comments:

Post a Comment