Wednesday 25 March 2015

What have you learned from your audience feedback?



Soundtrack Feedback


This is reassuring feedback from peers on the use of the Radiohead cover as my soundtrack, as these descriptive words fit perfectly with the vibe I aimed to create in order for it to fit comfortably in the psychological thriller genre category.











I agree with the criticism made here and with more time would have liked to included more elements of the characters story as to why she is  alone and why she feels there is no hope. I had envisioned other shots an eviction notice arriving in the post and her reaction as she realised she will soon have no home or rather no place to hide from the world. But due to the fact I felt the need to prioritise my time on the construction and editing of shots already taken on Adobe Elements this had to be scrapped.A downfall not only for this but all the feedback gained is that it was collected after I finished all my products, leaving no way for me to take action on constructive advice.  











I was very pleased by this feedback and too agree my shots are well varied and show a wide range of my skills, knowledge and research. I also agree with that the film is short, and luckily received this feedback shortly before finishing my product, this then influenced me into editing and changing my film further by adding the reversed photo gallery shot and the awakening into the graveyard shot, before creating end credits with the soundtrack replayed on top. 
I was very pleased to have been influenced to complete this as I feel the last shot of the character awakening (dead) in the graveyard, gives a short sharp and almost frustrating ending, showing that desolation has lingered with her even after death, giving a chilling and upsetting cliff hanger to the short emotive story.   













I agree that the standard of my poster does not match the standard of my article in the creative, visual and technical areas. This may be due to lack of extensive research into film articles which could have influenced me and given me a wider creative knowledge into the ideal codes and conventions that are expected in a professional magazine article. Another downfall could have been the lack of creative and technical appliances offered with Microsoft Publisher which could have help me back.   

No comments:

Post a Comment